Click to view details
The pre-teen and adolescent years are challenging in the best of circumstances. Children who wear traditional metal braces can feel even more self-conscious during this time.
In such cases, Invisalign may just be the ideal solution.
Invisalign is a type of orthodontic treatment that uses custom clear plastic trays instead of wires and brackets to put continuous pressure on the teeth to move them into the desired position. They are removable and not obviously visible to others.
Is Invisalign Right for Your Child?
Dr. Vaysman will perform a detailed evaluation of your child’s teeth, gums, and mouth to determine if he or she is a good Invisalign candidate. The next step in the process is to complete a series of dental scans using digital equipment. She sends the results of the digital scans to our laboratory for a technician to create your child’s customized set of aligners. She can also show your child what his or her smile should look like when finished with orthodontic treatment.
We simply replace one aligner for the next one in the set approximately every two weeks. The length of treatment depends on the extent of your child’s orthodontic issues, age, health, and other individual factors. Some patients may need to wear a metal retainer once they have worn their last Invisalign tray. This ensures that the teeth don’t move back to their previous position.
Benefits of Invisalign
This type of orthodontic treatment offers numerous benefits for your child. These include:
- The ability to disguise treatment with clear plastic aligners
- No need for wires or brackets that must be tightened, and can be uncomfortable
- Your child can remove the aligners when eating or to clean them
- No need for food restrictions since the Invisalign trays are removable
- Produces the same beautiful and effective results as traditional metal braces
- Invisalign trays are customized to the fit of your child’s mouth